Tuesday 5 June 2012

To Blog or Not to Blog

That is the question.  My cousin would say, "bloggins is sooooo 2009," but she's from Alberta so what do you expect.  For any American's reading this Alberta=California.

I'm told by other Indie Author's that blogging is the way to reach your audience.  They will read your blog and decide if they like your writing, I guess.  I don't get it myself, but I like talking to myself in print as much as the next guy.  To me blogging always seemed like having a journal but one anyone could see.  Like your sister leaving her diary out in the open with the lock unlocked.  My sister's was boring though.

I'm also told not to blog exclusively about my ebook, Red Island:  A Novel, available on Kindle at http://amzn.to//KSs0f3 and for most other ereaders at http://smashwords.com/book/view/167847 for the low price of $2.99US, so I'm not going to in this post.  Pretty much I was told to just talk about whatever is in my head and let people into the writer behind the thriller novel about an RCMP officer hunting down the first serial killer in the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island known as "The Gentle Island." 

I'm told to blog about books I like, expect the names Kathy Reichs and Tess Gerritsen to be repeated, daily hubabaloos (technical word), the writer's journey (to which I can quote Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory, "I'm not crazy.  My mother had me tested."), and anything else.  So in the coming weeks and months I will do that.

There, a new blog entry without ever mentioning my book.  The voices told me to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment